Monday, March 7, 2011

IKS- Irritable Kristin Syndrome

Ok, I would like to think I am not a very moody personal in general but holy crankiness.  I don't remember this with the fresh cycle of IVF nor the frozen transfer.  The Lupron dosage is the same as the other two times so the only logical conclusion is my hormones have changed since having B which makes sense.  I am quick to get frustrated and have very little patience both of which aren't great with a toddler.  I hate it.  My Lupron dosage was cut in half yesterday and I am hoping with it comes a sense of calm I desperately need again.

I had labs drawn and an ultrasound done on Friday.  Basically they were checking to make sure the Lupron worked and shut down my ovaries.  My estrogen levels are very low which explains why I feel lousy.  My ovaries were clear so we were given the green light to start the most important part....stimulation injections! This is where we wake up my sleeping ovaries and basically put them on overdrive to make a lot of eggs.  A typical cycle for a fertile women produces no more than 2 eggs, well we are hoping for a dozen at least.  It's not only quantity we want it's top quality eggs.  Here's to egg growing!  Cheers....

No comments:

Post a Comment